No products in the cart.
Using a Portable Commode for Bedside Relief
When you are disabled and have limited mobility, a trip to the bathroom can be an ordeal. Placing a portable commode in your bedroom where it is easy to access can save you from the complications and embarrassment of having to use the toilet.
Whether you need a commode chair for an elderly loved one, or you are temporarily disabled and want convenient access to a toilet, a portable commode for your bedroom is a great choice.
Benefits of a Bedside Commode Chair
Using a bedside commode chair for your toilet needs is convenient, sanitary and efficient for patients and caregivers alike. Some benefits include:
- Adjustable legs allow the seat to be raised or lowered in 1 inch increments.
- Seat height ranges from 15 to 21 inches, with a 15 inch seat depth.
- Plastic armrests add additional patient comfort.
- Can be folded and collapsed for easy transport and storage.
- Use as a chair for patient transfer or changing bed linens.
- The toilet receptacle is detachable for easy emptying and cleaning.
- Can double as a safety seat for bath or shower.
Tips for Using Your Commode Chair for Toilet Needs
To use your commode chair safely and effectively, follow these simple tips:
- Before use, make sure all components are securely in place.
- Adjust the commode height to accommodate the patient’s needs.
- Put an inch or two of water in the clean waste receptacle to make cleaning easier.
- Pay attention to hygiene: Have some toilet paper nearby, and disinfectant wipes to clean your hands.
- Caregivers should use disposable gloves while assisting the patient and cleaning the receptacle.
- Empty and clean the waste receptacle as soon as possible after use, using a toilet brush, disinfectant cleanser and water.
- Replace the waste receptacle securely on the commode chair after cleaning.
Where to Buy a Bedside Commode
To purchase a bedside commode chair for yourself or your elderly or disabled patient, look no further thanCertHealth.com. Our quality products are guaranteed to satisfy your needs, and our easy-to-navigate website makes shopping a breeze. Once you select your commode chair and other medical products, simply check out online, and your order will be delivered directly to your doorstep in a matter of days.